Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Joss Whedon is God!

So it's almost midnight here in Sydney, and I just got home not long ago from watching The Avengers.



This movie is BRILLIANT!

I have to say I'm not the first person to go out and watch the latest movie based off comic books or cartoons be it superhero or not. Spiderman, Superman and Batman have never really done anything for me for the most part. I've never seen a Hulk film and I hadn't seen the first Iron Man movie until the second had been and gone from the cinema. I had however watched Thor when it came out at the cinema, and then Captain America when it too came out. I enjoyed them both and the trailers for the Avengers had me wanting to see it from the first moment I saw them.

They do not disappoint.
 
Joss Whedon(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Serenity, Dollhouse, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog) has done amazing things with this movie. He is known for having a cult following for his tv shows, which brilliant as I, and many of his other fans think they are, always seem to get cancelled.With The Avengers he hits all the right spots. The dialogue wasn't forced, the interaction between characters was fantastic and the whole thing was just thoroughly entertaining. I posted on my facebook page he is god and had a friend comment that she read somewhere that this film is a giant "F*** YOU!" to anyone who had ever cancelled a Joss Whedon show. I would have to agree. He inserts humour without it being over the top and makes it all enjoyable. The movie is never dull and there is no over-emphasis on any one character which is something that could have happened considering the fact that you have six superheroes in one film.

This film will, I daresay, go down as having been the best film of the year. It's definitely the best one I have seen this year and probably even last year and I only hope they keep Whedon on if they make a sequel. They'd be stupid not to!



~~ Random Logic ~~

No comments:

Post a Comment